This is my favourite way to enjoy raw cabbage. It makes an absolutely divine, crunchy, and very moreish lunch and is guaranteed to convert any cabbage sceptics.
And it’s a lot of fun to make – watching the dark purple cabbage turn bright pink as you mix in the fresh lemon juice is fascinating. Or maybe that’s just me?
In addition to being yummy and pretty, this salad is also highly nutritious:
- The cabbage provides a heap of cancer-fighting and beautifying antioxidants
- The parsley is uber-detoxifying and is an excellent source of vitamin C
- The raw onion contains sulphur which is great for building healthy skin, hair and nails
- The lemon juice is a wonderful liver detoxifier, as is the peel (but do use organic lemons. Non-organic lemons are usually waxed and the peel will be full of pesticides)
- The olives and olive oil contain oleic acid, which is wonderful for heart health